Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Journal from 1 June to 6 June

Primero de junio de 2006
Well, we fought the week out at the volunteer job. It wasn’t pretty but it’s done now and so now we can request a change. Yay! My stomach is a bit off but not to bad. I had Ramen tonight for dinner because I didn’t feel like going out so I don’t know if that will hurt or help.Maybe tonight on my way out, I’ll stop for a bottle of Sprite.
Last night we went wild! There was hip hop at a bar called La Tentacion, so of course I had to go check that out. Man was it awesome!

4 de junio de 2006
It is so weird to think that it is already the 4th day of June. I don’t know where the time has gone! (Obviously, since I haven’t been journaling everyday). We’ve been going out dancing almost every night. Tuesday night was hanging out, Wednesday night was hiphop, Thursday night we went and tried a tequila derivative that originated in Oaxaca called Mezcal at it’s place of origen, and then Friday night we went out to an awesome salsa/ reggeton place. I definitely want to go back to the places we went on Wednesday and Friday nights. Since Tuesday and Thursday nights were more chill and less dancing they weren’t as fun for me but still awesome.
Today, for our excursion we went to the house of this artist that used to be a fabric factory. They make paper around there now, because the artist’s house has been converted into an art school and gallery so of course there’s a great market for the paper right there. It seemed really nice, lots of water all around, but we didn’t get to go into any buildings. Then, since it was only 11 and our rule of thumb is that we don’t get back from excursions until about 3 or 4, we went to a pool for a while. It was kind of chilly and cloudy so a lot of people didn’t swim and they just sat around drinking beer but I and about seven other people jumped in and had a blast.Now it’s back home to actually get some homework done hopefully. I need to read, write journals, and think of a theme for a three page paper due in 11 days. Or maybe I’ll take a nap. J

6 de junio de 2006
Well, as I suspected I would, I’ve gotten less and less good about writing a journal. See, once I get into a rythym, it’s very hard for me to find anything interesting to write about. That’s about the only excuse that I have. Well, that and the fact that the classes here are really getting under way so that I don’t have much time left for anything else. I want to find an internet café where I can plug my computer in so that I don’t have to keep using my digital camera as a memory storage device but I guess this system is working out okay. I’m feeling really homesick this week, I’m not really sure why, but the really little things are getting me down. I miss having a computer that corrects my spelling (if you’ve noticed errors in my blog it’s because I prewrite it on the laptop that I bought and then transfer and the laptop doesn’t have spellcheck). I miss Internet being available all over the place. I miss being able to go running randomly down the street. I miss having candy in my room and having a room free of ants (I’m going to be so sick of ants when I get back). I’m still loving Mexico but I just miss my things, my way, with my people. I think I’m just feeling frustrated that my Spanish hasn’t immediatly become perfect (or even good)! We’ll see. ¡Nos vemos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home